Adoption and Spread of Innovation in the NHS
Time:13:00 - 16:30
Location:Alderley Park Conference Centre, SK104TG
No registration allowed
Back to events calendar
AHSNs understand the ‘push and pull’ of demand on innovation in the NHS. We bring together the NHS, social care, academic, industry and voluntary sectors to support the adoption and spread of Innovation in the NHS. As a key innovation arm of the NHS we are supporting our health and care partners to deliver improvements that lead to better patient outcomes, drive down the cost of care and stimulate economic growth.
This event will bring together learning from what’s working, the challenges faced when implementing innovation in the NHS and share our knowledge. It will provide an opportunity to network with like-minded individuals to explore the challenges and update on the progress made at the GM system for assessing and adopting innovations.
Finally we will also talk about how AHSNs engage with Industry and what support is available under Health Innovation Manchester’s and the North West Coast Innovation Agency’s footprint.
Welcome and introduction
1) Introduction to adoption and Spread in the NHS - show the wider picture: The innovation pathway, Innovation Exchanges, NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) and SBRI
2) Introduction to NHS E National Innovation Accelerators (NIA) - ITT & ITP products. Greater Manchester and North West Coast examples of adoption and spread. How to apply to NIA, relevance to Industry of ITT and ITP.
3) Regional SME Support available through Health Innovation Manchester and The Innovation Agency
Update on Health Innovation Manchester’s Innovation Pathway (Including IPMC) –
4) Challenges and Lessons learnt – Practical examples of health implementation.
- Primary Care based patient medicine and holistic reviews for preventing COPD exacerbations.
- Implementing a new Psoriasis Rapid Access Clinic in Salford using latest technologies.
- Eliminating Hepatitis C – collaborating across the system.
5) Examples of industry / NHS collaboration
To book your place please click here
Alderley Park Conference Centre